Saturday, April 28, 2012

Extreme Rules Preview

I apologize for the lateness of this post, and the short duration of it ahead of time, I've got a tight deadline on my next script, and most of my free time has been devoted to that project. Speaking of other projects Housewife Slasher Blu Rays are available at www.reaperfilms.com so go pick one up today. Now that the shameless plugging is complete let's look at the card for Sunday's PPV.

Diva's Championship Match
I honestly didn't know which of the Bella Twins had won the championship until I looked to see who was defending it just now. If the WWE was run on who deserved the title, then I would say Beth would regain the championship this Sunday, but it is not, so I'm picking Nikki, no wait, Brie, no I was right, Nikki Bella to win.

US Championship
Let's be honest, I'm a mark for The Miz, but for some reason Santino has been on fire with the WWE. I don't get it, but I'm going to go with it, as much as I want to pick Miz; Santino retains US Championship.

IC Championship
I was surprised by The Big Show's win at WM, aside from his back to back Tag Team Championships with Jerishow and ShowMiz, he hasn't held a title in a long time, (of course there was the World Heavyweight Championship but that wasn't a real championship, let's be honest). As with The Miz, I love everything Cody Rhodes is doing, I really hope that Goldust get's to have his final match with his brother at a PPV, but I don't see them taking the title off Big Show, or keeping Rhodes down at that level. As I said before I expect Rhodes to be World Champion by the Summer, and going back to the IC Championship would postpone that, so Big Show to retain the IC Championship.

Randy Orton vs Kane Falls Count Anywhere
Kane's WM win was a surprise, now they need to get Orton back on top, with a win in a FCA match, it will unleash the anger he has over Kane's attack on his father, and get him back to where he needs to be. Orton def Kane.

WWE Championship
I really like where this feud has gone, and i hope there is no end in sight. Jericho and Punk work great together and, while I would like to see them continue to show there technical proficiency, a Street Fight would reflect there feud better, I'm super psyched. CM Punk to retain the WWE Championship.

World Heavyweight Championship
I was among the thousands of fans who were upset by the less then stellar match Sheamus and D Bryan had at WM. I have since learned that WWE had nothing against D Bryan, the squash was only used to kick WM28 off with a surprise and a bang. Now is when they will have the match everyone expected them to have at WM, so look for this to be the match of the night. I still think Sheamus is going to retain, Bryan will get the title back in a few months, but Sheamus has worked his ass off to get back to the top, and he's going to stay there for a while. Sheamus to retain.

Cena vs Lesnar
What can I say about this match that hasn't been replayed a thousand times during Raw and Smackdown. Lesnar's 'demands' at the end of Raw on Monday were just a really sad attempt to make people dislike him, and it really made him look bad, because he's not a talker, nor has he ever been, so watching him fumble through line after line, was just painful to watch. I loved seeing Edge come out and talk to Cena at the start of the show, and I assume Cena coming out with the heavy chain means he's back to his old self, even though he didn't really change anything, he just brought out a chain, which I guess he was carrying with him, for some reason? Really doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you think about it, I mean did he pack the chain with him when he left his house for the show, like I'll bring this, just in case, you never know. Or did he find it back stage and just take it, in which case, is there a piece of heavy equipment that's just flopping around loose because Cena just took a chain he found, that could cause damage to countless people and cars on the road as they head to Chicago for Extreme Rules. I'm kidding of course. About the match, I think it makes a much more interesting story for Cena to start having a loosing streak, plus I don't by them bringing Lesnar back, only to have him loose to his first opponent, especially if (come on, it's on everybody's mind) Lesnar left the UFC after suffering two HUGE losses in a row, there's not way he's coming back to WWE with a loss right away. Lesnar Def Cena.

Wow, that was longer then I expected. as always post your predictions in the comments, hopefully I can find them now that Google has redesigned dashboard, idk. and also let me know if you want to Skype during the show, i had a blast during the last show, and would love to do it again. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I don't plan on ordering the PPV, so I'm counting on you to give me updates. I agree with all your predictions. I know, a cop out, but I haven't been watching lately due to Orioles games being on (and they are actually playing well). Also, if you are having issues with Blogger, I know a guy who could help... cough cough me cough cough.

    ReplyDelete