Sunday, May 20, 2012

Over The Limit Preview

Joe Vampire is in the bag (until an actor needs a line rewritten anyway), so I'll run down my picks for tonight's PPV real fast for you.

Kane vs Zack Ryder
This is the preshow match, so tune in to Youtube, facebook, or WWE.com @ 7:30 to watch it for free, even if you aren't getting the PPV. Ryder has a lot of anger towards Kane, but I don't see him being able to over come  him in an actual match. Kane via Pin.


Layla vs Beth Phoenix Divas Championship
I know there is some kind of story going on, I see then talking and looking angry at each other as a fast forward to a part of Raw I'll actually care about. This is Lalya's first PPV defense so I'll go with her. Layla via Pin.


Kofi & Truth vs Zig-Swag Tag Team Championship
As much as I love Ziggler and Swagger individually, I think they make a great tag team. But I don't know if I see them winning the tag titles. Even though they haven't done much with Ziggler despite his great main event showing at the Royal Rumble, I still think he's going to get a decent push in the next few months. Although, winning the Tag titles would be a nice mid sized push while the main event picture gets sorted out, but I don't see them taking the tag titles off Kofi and Truth so soon. I'm just going to stick with Kofi and Truth and hope I'm wrong.

With only 5 matches on the card, I'm betting on seeing a few unannounced matches, here's what I think we'll see.

Brodus Clay vs The Miz. Brodus, for some reason has been unstoppable, and The Miz, for some reason has barely been on TV. I expect The Miz to put up a fight, but ultimately lose. Brodus Clay via Pin.

Cody Rhodes vs Mystery Opponent. I was going to say Rhodes vs Big Show, but then I remembered he got fired. So I think Rhodes will come out, talking trash, calling out anyone and who will come out to challenge him? Sin Cara! If it's for the IC title then I think Sin Cara will probably win, if it's not he will definitely win. Sin Cara FTW.

Fatal 4 Way for the World Heavyweight Championship
I'm a fan of everyone involved, so it's hard to pick a winner, but when it comes down to it, I think I'll have to go with Sheamus, This is his first title defense, even though it's a huge challenge, I think he'll pull it off. Sheamus to retain.

D Bryan vs CM Punk WWE Championship
What amazing matches these two have had, both with other people and with each other, these last few months. This imo is a match of the year contender. Punk has had quite a title reign and I don't see it coming to an end just yet. Punk to retain.


John Cena vs Big Johnny
John L is so boring, I lost interest in trying to spell his last name, hence the Big Johnny. Why he is main-eventing this show is beyond me. And where are all the guys who were complaining about The Rock main-eventing Wrestlemania? The fact that JL is in the main event of anything bigger then a carnival sideshow is a slap in the face to every wrestler who's ever laced up their boots and busted their ass to get to the top of this industry, only to play second fiddle to this void of talent and charisma. He is still a better GM then Teddy Long though. The whole situation leading up to him becoming the GM of both Raw and Smackdown all started after Wade Barrett got injured right before WM, where he was going to win a MITB match. They had a bunch of guys with nothing to do now, so they came up with this ridiculous story line, gave the position to Big Johnny, and now they need an out, which is why Johnny will be fired after he losses tonight. John Cena to kick Big Johnny's ass.


Don't forget to put your picks in the comments, I haven't tallied the votes in a while, but I think it's still a pretty close  race for 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment